This Baby Girl With Albinism Puts On Her Glasses For The First Time. Her Reaction Is Heart-Warming!!!

At the age of 2 month this sweet baby Louise was diagnosed with Oculocutaneous Albinism (Type 1). Not only this condition affects the coloring (pigmentation) of the skin, hair, and eyes it also affects vision. Albinism also causes Nystagmus which is a condition of involuntary eye movement. This video shows the moment when Louise sees everything for the first time through her newly received pair of glasses. I wish this video was longer. To see this pure joy after finally seeing her mommy clearly for the very first time is a priceless thing to witness. Please, LIKE and SHARE this precious moment with your friends and family. Thanks for watching!


It is hard to tell how bad is Louise’s condition until she gets older and is able to communicate. Overall, an estimated 1 in 20,000 people worldwide are born with oculocutaneous albinism. The condition affects people of different ethnic groups and geographical regions. There are four types of oculocutaneous albinism, each type results from mutations in a single gene. Types 1 and 2 are the most common forms. Type 2 occurs more frequently in African Americans, some Native American groups, and people from sub-Saharan Africa. Type 3, mostly is found in people from southern Africa. Studies suggest that type 4 occurs more frequently in the Japanese and Korean populations. Each of 4 types of albinism is inherited. Most often, the parents each carry one copy of the mutated gene, but do not show signs and symptoms of the condition. Each sibling of an affected individual has a 25% chance of being affected, a 50% chance of being a carrier, and a 25% chance of being unaffected and not being a carrier. People with albinism are very sensitive to the bright sunlight, it can damage their eyes and skin and lead to early cancer.

Sources:

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/oculocutaneous-albinism

You may also like...